Open W2 Mate® software.
- Click on “E-Filing” from the top menu, then click “W2 Forms”.
- Fill in the “Submitter Information”, for the PIN you may use 11111.
- Fill in the “Contact Information”.
- Select “State” to generate a W2 submission file for your state. If your state is not listed please contact your state Department of Revenue and see if they accept the Federal EFW2 ( Electronic filing format).
- Choose your state from the list. The states supported are :Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
- Name the file created, then click “browse” to select a location to save the electronic submisson file.
- Click “Ok”.
- If your submisson file has errors you can view and correct them. If successful, you can copy the File Path to Clipboard so that you have the location of the file.
- Click “Close”.
- Final step- Once the W2 E-file is created, log into your state’s Department of Revenue website and follow the instructions for uploading your file.
Below is a list of state department of revenue websites:
District of Columbia (http://otr.cfo.dc.gov/)
New York (http://www.tax.ny.gov/)
North Carolina (http://www.dornc.com/)
South Carolina (http://www.sctax.org/default.htm)
West Virginia (http://www.revenue.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx)